I don’t know that there is anything that has been on my to do list longer then working on my blog. I bet I have about 4 posts started, and a couple of them almost finished, and none posted. I have such a hang up and I have struggled to figure out why.
So I have been reflecting on my hangups and what my mental roadblocks are and I figured a top ten list would be an easy way.
10. I can’t sit still. My mom said even as a child I wouldn’t let her read to me. Some things never change.
9. It makes my brain think! If you have ever texted with me, or emailed with me, you realize I never capitalize or proof read, for the most part. Half the time I am using Siri so one might never know what is coming across on those messages. I have to remember my “manners” and etiquette when typing. (Which I am sure there is something on this, but did you know you aren’t supposed to do two spaces after a period? WTH? ). I know I make so many brains hurt, so I try in moments like this to be proper. :).
8. I have a horrible attention span. And I work really hard to try and focus, but at the end of the day, or if there are pretty shiny objects…. #3 is my lucky number! What was I saying?
7. I think I’m funny. I do! I crack myself up! Although my ex may have been annoyed by that, and I also have some comical girlfriends that we fight over who is more funny. I do think I’m the funniest. I think my day to day life is pretty amazing, and sometimes and a bit odd. But I promise you will laugh, scratch your head and probably think, if she can do it I surely can!
6. Stuff I think is funny, others may not! But…I have to learn to be okay with that. I’ll reference back to this in another number. :). Any time I want to share something on my facebook page personally or professionally I get scared, and don’t because I don’t know what is the right thing to “blog” about?! Tonight, while I happened to be poking myself to work on my blog, my friend emails me over a link to a gals blog www.scarymommy.com and it is about sitting on the toilet seat in a public place when peeing. That is me. Yes, I am a sitter, but those are the blogs I would read! Those are the things that run thru MY head.
5. Ten is a lot of numbers! Maybe I don’t have ten roadblocks.
4. I procrastinate. There are some things I just don’t necessarily love to work on! I have a great team that helps me juggle a lot of things, but sharing my crazy world isn’t the easiest for someone else.
3. I’m not really profound nor a deep thinker. I think more about public bathrooms then I do poetry.
2. What do people want to read about? I know my blonde moments and my rants on people driving in the left lane entertain me, but does it entertain others?
1. I am always scared to be judged. What if people…what if….I have a list that I run thru all the time, always. I know everyone has that fear, and at certain ages we don’t really care anymore, but I do. I worry. All the time. I worry a lot. And I am realizing that I have to get over it and get out of my own way. I have lots of amazing things I get to experience and I now know if someone doesn’t like it, they don’t have to read it…. :). Maybe I am starting to show my age. I have to embrace me, and not fit into what I think someone else wants. I’m trying to learn to be okay with who I am, and accept that not all will agree, or think I’m funny, but at the end of the day I know I always try and do the right thing. That’s all that matters!
Thanks you to everyone for your support over the years. It means a lot and have enjoyed getting to know so many people on. My adventures never stop and I’m working to share the craziness and fun. I’m going to do my best to continue and look forward to hearing from you along the way,
Lots of love,
P.S. See you this Friday at First Friday Art walk!